Infacort: modified hydrocortisone for CAH in neonates & infants
Company: Diurnal Limited
- Product Overview: First-in-class paediatric hydrocortisone replacement product for neonates and infants
- Primary Indication: Adrenal Insufficiency
- Core Differentiators: The problem of effective hydrocortisone replacement is especially severe in this young patient range and, today, no licensed therapy exists
- NB: This programme is supported by the European Commission through its 7th Framework Programme under the Treatment of Adrenal Insufficiency in Neonates and infants (TAIN) project. The aim of TAIN is to develop a new formulation of hydrocortisone that can be used from birth and specifically in the age range 0 - 6 years (neonates & infants). Hydrocortisone is an essential glucocorticoid hormone used as a replacement therapy for the treatment of the rare disease Adrenal Insufficiency - where the body cannot produce sufficient cortisol.
- Development Stage: Phase 3
- Opportunity: Available for License